We are seeking people to participate that are located in and around Cape Town CBD.We will be doing the interviews on Friday 21st October 2022.
Aged between 18 and 65
- PIN safety and “Friendly fraud” – anyone that has had their PIN hacked. ‘Friendly Fraud’ is where phone is in the presence of family and friends. Transactions go off account without the customer’s authorisation because their PIN was easy to guess or the PIN had been shared with trusted loved ones.
- Online shopping scams – where customers purchase non-existent products. Customers also fall for ‘bargains’ at retailers/businesses that they are not familiar with.
- Vishing, phishing and smashing – Scammers call customers claiming that they are bank officials who want to help them stop a fraudulent debit order/money going off their account.
- Investment scams/business opportunity – Scammers trick customers via social media to invest in ‘too good to be true’ business scams that promise huge returns in a short space of time.
- Card swapping/ATM Fraud – Customers are distracted and scammed when withdrawing money from the ATM.
- Phone snatching and PIN safety – phones snatched while in conversation and their phones unlocked.
The respondents will be interviewed for roughly 15 minutes. We can offer R500 per completed interview subject to them signing a release form for the publishing of the video/stills to tv & internet.
Please W app Amin on 083 434 1504 ASAP to submit yourself for selection before 12:00 noon Thursday 20 October 2022